Updated 2010 Starter Master Pages up on CodePlex 7

Just a quick note to tell everyone that I have updated my starter master pages on CodePlex. I have made several minor tweaks that should help them be more “minimal” for easier use in your branding projects.

Here are some of the bigger updates in this release:

• Additions to the SharePoint Server starter master page to include some My Site support
  • A third starter master page that works with the Meeting Workspace (yes they still require a unique master page in 2010 but unlike in 2007, they are very similar to the standard master page)

You can grab my latest starter master pages from: http://startermasterpages.codeplex.com

If you still need the previous version here is the link: http://startermasterpages.codeplex.com/releases/view/36075

7 thoughts on “Updated 2010 Starter Master Pages up on CodePlex

1. Reply Mattias May 18,2010 3:42 am

im workin on a public website with ths starter master pages. But i have a question, is it possible to hide the ribbon for anonyous users?

2. Reply Nickname May 20,2010 3:32 pm

Hi Randy,

One question about the Starter Master page on CodePlex: Is it based on nightandday.master? Is it most suitable for a Publishing site?

3. Reply Randy Drisgill May 20,2010 4:14 pm

It is based on things I learned from v4 and nightandday. There is a publishing version and one that works just for foundation included with the codeplex files.

4. Reply Steve.O Mar 8,2011 1:05 pm

Mattias, I have posted the 2010 Starter Master I usually use, it has the ribbon turned off while not in edit mode. Its just using css, but this may be something that you’d be interested in. Randy, thanks for all the amazing work!
    Sharepoint 2010 Starter Master – Extended

5. Reply Nirosha Mar 29,2011 1:24 pm

Thank you so much for sharing these valuable files.

6. Reply Anonymous Dec 17,2011 10:39 pm

Hi Randy,
    Can I use this master page on Publishing Portal? I noticed that you’ve been using it with Enterpirse Wiki in your example from your book.

7. Reply Randy Drisgill Dec 18,2011 1:51 am

Yes they can be used with Publishing Portals. I really only used the Ent Wiki to avoid having to deal with turning off the publishing approval workflow. I get a lot of quesitons about this… sorry for the confusion.