I have put together a quick and dirty example of using the XML Web Part to display and style your Twitter RSS feed in a SharePoint page. 100% of the work is done in XSLT, all you have to do is:
- Add an XML Web Part to your page:
- Then for the XML Link add the RSS feed for your Twitter updates, the link for this can be found on the bottom right of your Twitter home page:
- Just right click on the RSS feed and copy and paste the the URL into the XSL Link field of the XML Web Part. (mine is http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/15901109.rss)
- Next, click the XSL Editor button and paste in the following XSLT code:
- After you click OK and Apply your changes you should see your tweets styled in the XML Web Part:
- You can adjust the CSS in the XSLT to change the way the tweets look. Also, if this blows up your site, don’t say I didn’t warn you. I haven’t really tested it in production. Have fun!