Microsoft released 10 new SharePoint themes (Updated with Screenshots and WSP) 16

These new themes are pretty darn good, I especially like “Construction”, “Contoso”, and “OARP”. I could see them being changed up and used for a lot of company intranets. I do wish they would have packaged them as a WSP or something rather than just give us a solution file and have us make one ourselves.
Download them from Microsoft
UPDATE: Daniel Brown made a WSP for easy installation
Here is a screenshot of all of new themes at once and then each one individually full sized. Click for larger versions:
AllThemesPreview

Construction_Preview Contoso_Preview
Corporate_Preview Events_Preview
OARP_Preview Procurement_Preview
Publishing_Preview sporting_Preview
Start-Up_Preview Team_Preview

16 thoughts on “Microsoft released 10 new SharePoint themes (Updated with Screenshots and WSP)

1. Reply Flamer Mar 19,2009 6:43 pm

Where can one download these new themes from??

2. Reply Flamer Mar 19,2009 6:45 pm

Ah, just found your previous post… 🙂

3. Reply Remy Mar 19,2009 8:14 pm

I can’t find the “previous post” mentioned by Flamer so where can I download these from?

4. Reply Anonymous Mar 19,2009 9:12 pm

Can I add these with just Site Collection owner rights, or do I need system admin to install them on the server?

5. Reply The Mossman Mar 19,2009 10:16 pm

You will need access to the server box (or someone else who does) to either add the themes to the 12 folder manually or to add a compiled wsp via the command prompt.

6. Reply Szymon Bochniak Mar 23,2009 10:26 am

Is someone successfully install this wsp themes pack on Windows SharePoint Services 3.0?

7. Reply Michael Boggs Mar 23,2009 2:48 pm

I don’t think the WSP works. It installs fine, but activation the template under farm features (central admin/opperations), only 2 of the 10 themes show up. And then deactivation does not make them go away. Something is screwy.

8. Reply Anonymous Mar 24,2009 12:51 am

I experienced the same issue as Michael, only 2 of the themes show up (all activated fine).

9. Reply Robin Majumdar Mar 26,2009 2:24 pm

Very nice – I like Contoso, Construction and Start-Up (OK, the latter has a heavy Microsoft feel to hit) but I like the look of the web part zones floating over the clouds 🙂

Good work!

10. Reply Don Harman Mar 26,2009 5:05 pm

I installed all the themes I found that I deactivated the ones that had not shown and then made them active again they showed up.

11. Reply Lijnloos Apr 3,2009 7:37 am

I had the same problem, but Don’s solution works like a charm!

Thanks

12. Reply Santhosh Jun 28,2009 1:41 am

Hey Nice post,

to know more making your own sharepoint theme with ur design, jus ve a look at this, it ll be very useful

And to download 50+ quality sharepoint themes, go on to http://www.buytemplates.net

Regards,
    Santhosh

13. Reply lifeSritha Aug 3,2009 3:13 pm

Hello,

thanks for the thmes. Inorder to modify it according to my company, I’m trying to include my company logo as the icon. But I do not see the logo when I apply it in the site settings. Can u pls tell me how to view the icon on home page/? I’m using Publishing theme.

14. Reply Luca Nov 9,2011 9:53 am

Hi! Could I use this themes on sharepoint server 2010??? I’ve tried to load the wsp solution, but it isn’t possible, an error occured.

15. Reply Randy Drisgill Nov 9,2011 1:08 pm

Unfortunately themes have changed in 2010 so you can’t really use 2007 themes with it. The only exception is during Visual Upgrade but you don’t want to stay in that mode long term.